Mason Street Closures Continue in Old Town
Mason Street in Old Town north of Mountain Ave will be closed for a few weeks so that city can work on the MAX Rapid Transit System station. There are a few different things residents need to know about the project.
- Mason at Maple Street - Beginning Jan. 14, the full intersection will be closed through the end of the month for concrete work and sidewalk improvements. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Northbound Mason Street, north of Mountain - Beginning Jan. 14, a portion of the road will be closed for station construction through the spring.
- McClelland Drive from Swallow Road to Foothills Parkway -Closed for storm drainage pipe installation. McClelland is anticipated to reopen to through traffic by end of business on Friday, Jan. 18. Watch for posted detour routes onto College Avenue and Foothills Parkway.
- Eastbound Harmony - Work on the bridge over Mail Creek has begun south of Harmony Road. Watch for intermittent lane closures as crews access the jobsite.
Ongoing MAX Construction Projects – What to Expect:
- Downtown Transit Center – Under construction. Watch for road closures on northbound Mason between Laporte and Maple while work is underway.
- Southbound Olive Street Station – Under construction. Watch for road closures on southbound Mason, south of the Olive intersection. Access to First National Bank will be maintained.
- East side of Mason between Old Main and University Avenue – Sidewalk, curb and gutter, and bike path construction continues through mid-January.
- CSU Campus – Fiber optic lines are being installed from University Avenue to Pitkin Street, expect periodic lane closures on Mason during this work.
- Cul-de-sac west of Mason at Troutman Parkway – Closed. Business access open.
For full information visit the City of Fort Collins website here.