Simple Water Saving Tips for Fort Collins and the Surrounding Area
Fort Collins and its neighbors have suffered recently from a lack of moisture; applying little changes to our day to day lives can make a big difference in conserving water.
The City of Fort Collins has a bunch of great conservation tips that can make a big difference, some are common sense, others made me go “ahh”.
water conservation tips:
- Take shorter showers
- Bathe in half a tub of water (bet you thought I would say share bath water, yuck!)
- Turn off faucet while shaving or brushing your teeth
- Run the dishwasher only when its full, do little loads by hand (by what? that’s what my kids would say, but it does help, just don’t leave the water running while doing it)
- Don’t rinse the dishes before putting them into the dishwasher, just scrape debris off
- Store water in the fridge so its cold and you aren’t running the faucet till it gets cold
- Check washer hoses for leaks monthly for cracks that could lead to leaks
And don’t curse the rain… just kidding that isn’t a water conservation tip, just me being D. I hope that these simple tips will become the norm in your home.
Find other helpful tips for around the home and office by clicking here.