Eldora Resort Opens Friday
Eldora Mountain Resort opens this Friday. With 680 acres of terrain to ski and ride, it is a much smaller option than the huge resorts scattered throughout Colorado. The Rocky Mountains are the Rocky Mountains, though, and Eldora offers plenty, especially for Front Rangers who don't want to commit to a longer trip. It's just up the hill from Boulder in Nederland.
- Eldora is skiing, snowboarding, cross-country and snowshoe friendly!
- Eldora opened for skiing in 1962.
- Eldora receives 300 inches of snow per year.
- Eldora boasts Colorado's best snowmaking system. Coverage is 100% of groomed terrain, more than any other resort in Colorado!
- The base area of Eldora has an elevation of 9,200 feet above sea level. Top elevation is 10,800 feet.
- The most difficult trail at Eldora is Corona Bowl - a double black diamond!
- Eldora is only 21 miles from Boulder and 47 miles from Denver.
- Eldora has 680 acres of skiable terrain.
- Eldora's longest run is 3 miles long!