Schedule of Old Town Party Events For USA Pro Challenge
Fort Collins is so proud to welcome the thousands of people who will be in town for the USA Pro Challenge through the weekend of August 23, 24 and 25!
There will be events and entertainment almost from the time the race starts on!
FINISH FESTIVAL – FREE ADMISSION!
Old Town Square, Downtown Fort Collins, CO
Saturday, August 24- 12:00PM to 6:00PM
Fort Collins Finish Festival offers bike enthusiasts and spectators the chance to see professional riders cross the finish line and complete Stage 6 on Mountain Ave. Take advantage of great photo ops at the finish as well as pre and post-race celebrations. This is a perfect family friendly event highlighting everything local with live music, a professional women’s criterium, Northern Colorado food, Fort Collins artists, vendors, kid’s activities & more!
Race Start at The Ranch – 11:35am
SCHEDULE OF RACE DAY EVENTS – FORT COLLINS
Live, Local Music, Food & Vendors – Meander along Old Town Square, Walnut Street, and Linden Street to enjoy live entertainment, food and beverage, kid’s activities and vendor booths. (12:00 to 6:00PM)
- Women’s Criterium – Witness national female racers take to the pavement as they complete a mile race loop in downtown Fort Collins. Cheer them on when they cross the finish line of Mountain Ave. (12:00 to 1:00PM)
1:15PM to 1:45PM
- Strider Kid’s Races – A spectator favorite! Cheer on the kid’s strider racers when youth compete for fun on bikes.
2:30PM to 3:00PM
- Maxxis Stunt Show – Enjoy a professional stunt show that starts at the official USA Pro Challenge finish line.
3:30PM to 6:00PM
- USAPC Stage 6 Finish – Head to the finish line to catch the professional riders of the USA Pro Challenge – Stage 6 cross the finish line at Mountain and College Ave. It is anticipated the riders should be coming down Mountain Ave. and crossing the finish line around 4:27PM.
Please note the race finish time is an estimated time.
- Award Ceremony – Head over to the award stage located north of Old Town Square on Linden Street to watch the top riders of the day receive recognition. The stage jersey presentation is a great photo opportunity.
The Finish Festival – Fort Collins, CO
With thousands coming to Downtown Fort Collins to witness some of the best cyclists in the world and a festival to top it off!
The finish festival will be located on Walnut Street and Linden Street from 12-6pm, Saturday, August 24th. Here is what to look for:
- Over 70 booths featuring beverages, New Belgium beer, food and many bike-centric tents.
- The Awards/Festival Stage will be at the end of Linden Street with bands such as Denver favorite; The Jekylls and our local favorite; Mama Lenny and the Remedy. Music begins at 12pm and will play intermittently between all the activities and awards ceremonies.
- Kid’s Zone featuring inflatables, a huge slide, Strider Bicycles and family fun!
- Enjoy food vendors and the wide variety of restaurants located in historic Downtown.
- Beer and drinks available in the festival including New Belgium beer!
- Along the Mountain Ave portion of the course in Downtown spectators can also enjoy a professional bicycle stunt show, the Women’s Criterium and a kids’ Strider Bicycle Race.
- Women’s Criterium along the finish loop of the course, 12pm-1:00pm, awards to follow.
- Burlington Northern Railroad Experience – if you are a train buff come check out the display cars along Mason St between Olive St and Mountain Ave!
- Ride your bike! Bike parking is located at Pine Street and also on Oak Street between Mathews St and Peterson St.
- Come join in the fun – ride your bike or walk along Mathews Street to enter the festival, or if you are coming from the north enter from College Ave. and Walnut St
- Car parking available along College Ave (College Ave temporarily not a through street), Laporte Ave Parking Garage, and along residential streets.
- See the website for recommended viewing areas – www.NoCoCycling.com
- Each community will sport their designated color, based on the jersey in your leg of the race and Fort Collins is YELLOW. Show your Fort Collins pride and join the festivities wearing yellow!