Where To Recycle Christmas Trees In Fort Collins? 2012-2013 Drop-Off Locations
Are you wondering where to recycle your Christmas tree in Fort Collins?
According to the City of Fort Collins, residents will be able to drop off trees at one of four locations in town, or at a fifth in Wellington. Trees can be dropped off between December 26th, 2012-January 16th, 2013. The Christmas tree recycling is a free service, just make sure you remove any lights, string, wire, ornaments, tinsel, or fake snow before you drop it off.
The Christmas Tree Recycling Program is a free service to the community and is jointly sponsored by the City of Fort Collins and Larimer County.
- Edora Park, 1420 E. Stuart St. (Tennis court parking lot),
- Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S. Taft Hill Rd. (Mon. – Sat., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.),
- Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S. Shields St. (Parking lot, S.E. corner),
- Streets Facility, 625 Ninth Street (S.W. corner of Vine & Lemay), and
- Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site (corner of 6th Street & Grant Ave.)
The Fort Collins Nursery also offers some advice on a few things you can do with your tree that could benefit the environment such as:
- Letting your tree dry out in the back yard, then using the needles for mulch and cutting the tree up for firewood.
- Staking your tree in the yard with popcorn or seeds on it to make a winter bird feeder.
Picture by kalleboo, Flickr.