Snow Sculpture In The Dark Competition in Loveland
Photos courtesy of Engaging Loveland
Loveland, known for it's many sculpture and artists, will be coming alive with a parade and snow sculptures in early December.
In it's second year, fourth Street in downtown Loveland will be adorned with snow sculptures.
I got with Kristine Koschke of Engaging Loveland, which is involved in many different events throughout the year to promote and enrich life in the Sweetheart City.
Kristine is the Executive Director of Engaging Loveland. Let's get more info from her on the various activities for Snow Sculpture in the Dark, "Fire and Ice."
Monday, December 5
- Community Snow Stomping ~ 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 6
- Snow Sculpting begins! ~ Noon
Friday, December 9
- 10 a.m. - all night (weather permitting): Snow Sculpting Competition
- 5 - 9 p.m.:
- Artisan Show with quality handmade items at The Majestic Gathering Place, 315 E. 4th Street
- People's Choice voting for their favorite snow sculpture
- FREE Ice Bowling complimented with S'mores and hot apple cider for purchase
- 5:30 - 10 p.m.: Liquid Arts Festival, a ticketed spirits tasting at the Bonnell Building
- 6 - 9 p.m.: Horse drawn carriage rides offered for free to children. Adults will be charged $1 per person.
Saturday, December 10
- 8 - 11 a.m. (weather permitting): Snow Sculpting Competition
- 10 - 11 a.m.: People's Chioce voting on Snow Sculptures
- 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.: Artisan Show continues
- 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: Live entertainment
- Noon - 4 p.m.: Free children's amusements at the North Pole. Activities inlcude horse drawn carriage rides with Santa, face painting, balloon animals, ice bowling and more.
- 4 p.m.: Snow Sculpture Awards Ceremony
- 4 - 6 p.m.: Singing live by holiday carolers
- 5 - 6:30 p.m.: Northern Colorado's Only Parade of Lights
***All Snow Sculptures will be located on the south side of 4th Street between Railroad Ave. and Washington Ave.***
Are you an artisan? Click here for an application.
An artisan of the culinary kind? Click here.
Get your parade entry for the only Parade of Lights in northern Colorado here.