Memorial Day Events In Northern Colorado
Monday is Memorial Day. Not just a day off of work and to have a barbecue, but instead a day to honor those who've given the ultimate sacrifice for your and my freedom. There are a number of events you can attend here in Northern Colorado.
This would also be a great time for you to stop and thank the veterans among us who have given so much for our personal freedoms.
Memorial Day Events
Monday, May 30th, 2011
Win McNamee/Getty Images
- 8:45 a.m. Veterans Memorial at Edora Park, 1801 Riverside Ave. The program will feature a flyover, speakers and an Honor Guard.
- 10:30 a.m. at Grandview Cemetery, east entrance, 1900 W. Mountain Ave. A water ceremony to commemorate Marines and sailors lost at sea will be held followed by the parade of several military veterans’ units to the Soldiers’ Monument along with Honor Guard. The featured speaker will be Larimer County Commissioner Tom Donnelly.
- 1:30 p.m. at Roselawn Cemetery, 2718 E. Mulberry St.; Ceremonies including the placing of wreaths.
Thank you to the Fort Collins Coloradoan!
-9 a.m. Linn Grove Cemetery will host its 137th Memorial Day program along with several military organizations. The program is at Linn Grove Cemetery, 1700 Cedar Ave., Greeley, and is open to the public. Rep. Cory Gardner will be this year’s guest speaker. The program will also feature the Colorado Air National Guard flyover and Greeley Police Department Honor Guard.
- 10 a.m. Allnutt Funeral Service and the City of Greeley Department of Parks and Forestry will host the annual Garden of Remembrance at Lincoln Park in downtown Greeley. People may plant a flower in memory of a loved one. Planting will take place from 10 a.m. until noon. Refreshments will be provided.
Thank you to the Greeley Tribune
- 9 a.m.The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 41 will honor Associated Veterans Club members who died in the past year at Loveland Burial Park. Loveland Mayor Cecil Gutierrez will speak.
-9:15 a.m. The Knights of Columbus of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church will hold a ceremony at the church, 1730 W. 12th St. in Loveland. Mass will be celebrated at 8 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m., Resthaven Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 8426 S. U.S. 287 just north of Loveland, will conduct a ceremony dedicated to veterans. The Patriot Guard Riders will be in attendance.
Thank you to the Loveland Reporter Herald
- 12:30 p.m. North of Longmont, Robert Duran will dedicate a memorial to Sgt. Isaac Palomarez, of Loveland, who was killed in 2008 while fighting in Afghanistan. The ceremony will start at 12:30 p.m. at Duran’s Hobby Acres, 15591 N. 107th St. Duran privately funded the memorial.
- The Platteville VFW will be holding a Memorial Day ceremony on Monday at 10 a.m. at the Mizpah Cemetery, 400 Grand Ave. Lunch will start at 11:30 a.m. at the VFW at 621 Grand Ave.
Win McNamee/Getty Images
-The City of Evans VFW will host a Memorial Day Ceremony at 10 a.m. Monday at the Evans Cemetery, address, 1100 37th St. The Evans color guard will be there. After the ceremony, a potluck will be hosted at the VFW Post at 3501 State St., Evans.
-The City of Eaton will have a Memorial Day service at the Eaton Cemetery starting at 10 a.m. hosted by the American Legion.
-The Johnstown/Milliken VFW post will host its annual Memorial Day service at 11 a.m. at the cemetery. After the service, there will be a potluck at the VFW at 104 E South 1st St., Johnstown.