Larimer County Adopts Fire Restrictions
The Board of Larimer County Commissioners has adopted fire restrictions on Open Fires, use of fireworks and Public Fireworks Displays beginning at 12:01 a.m. this Thursday, April 12, 2012 for unincorporated Larimer County.
Today’s restrictions mean that no open fires are allowed, no open camp or cooking fires, only “contained’ open fires such as those in camp stoves and grills using gas or pressurized liquid or those in permanently constructed, stationary, metal or masonry fireplaces such as those fireplaces located in campgrounds and masonry or metal fire pits.
- Smoking in the open is not allowed under these restrictions
- It is okay to operate combustion engines with spark arresting devices, properly installed and in working order.
- Citizens who live in unincorporated areas of Larimer County can operate a charcoal grill on a non-combustible surface at least ten feet in diameter at their private residence.
- No fireworks or fireworks displays are allowed under these restrictions.
- No agricultural burning is allowed under these restrictions.
- No open campfires are allowed under these restrictions.
The restrictions are set to expire on May 15, 2012.