Fire and Explosion at the Rosebud Motel in Loveland – UPDATE
UPDATE 04.25.17: The explosion and fire were caused by a gas leak. Investigators with the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority said the gas leak at the Rosebud Motel was ignited when a resident lit a cigarette Saturday night. One person was hospitalized with serious injuries, and 10 residents have been displaced. Some of the residents reported that they had smelled a natural gas odor periodically throughout the day. The explosion has been ruled an accident
At around 7 Saturday night, a fire and explosion at the Rosebud Motel caused structural damage and injured several people, two were taken to a hospital.
Crews were already at the motel on Eisenhower Blvd., in Loveland for an unrelated medical call when the explosion happened on the opposite side of the building. Additional crews were dispatched and the blaze was under control quickly, having damaged two rooms.
Loveland officials are working to determine if there is any possible criminal activity and
the investigation is ongoing.
Source: Loveland Reporter-Herald