CSU Rams In Texas to Face TCU Today
The Colorado State Rams (1-3, 3-6) face off against the Horned Frogs of TCU (5-0, 8-2) this afternoon at 1:30pm MT in Fort Worth, Texas, and can be seen on Versus. CSU will be playing its final 2011 road game, and its last foreseeable contest against TCU, which will move to the Big 12 next season.
Game day notes...
- The Rams could become one of four programs in the nation to start a true freshman at QB in consecutive seasons.
- CSU has overcome a deficit in the fourth quarter on five occasions this year; the Rams are 2-3 in those games.
- The game features two players coming off arguably the best offensive performances by a Mountain West player this season: TCU’s Casey Pachall (473 passing yards) and CSU’sChris Nwoke (232 rushing yards).
- Nwoke over his last three games has 481 yards and 7.1 yards per carry.
- For the first time since 1973, CSU is playing three of its final four regular-season games at home.
- All three Rams starting linebackers rank in the top five of the MW leaders in tackles per game, helping CSU lead the conference and tie for 13th in the nation in red-zone defense.
- LB Mychal Sisson, who played high-school ball only 32 miles from TCU, could play his first game since breaking his ankle Sept. 10.
- CSU looks to get back into the win column for the first time since Sept. 24.
- Injuries to 10 starters have conspired to cost the Rams 52 combined starts. Overall, 14 contributors have lost 69 total games due to injury.
- The Rams play their seventh ranked foe since 2009, most in a three-year span since playing seven from 1999-2001.