What Will You Do to Help the High Park Fire?
I received a Facebook message from Rachel Hassel from Recycled Cycles last night. Its contents didn’t surprise me.
Hi Paul! This is Rachel with Recycled Cycles. I wanted to let you know that we are offering free bicycle rentals for those that are affected by the fire. Whether it’s for transportation or something to do while they wait. They just come in and pick out a bike…that’s it. Maybe you could mention it in the morning? Thanks! Rachel
The High Park Fire is still out of control. We know that in times like these, we are so lucky to be in Colorado. Neighbors have already started reaching into their hearts to give to the people displaced and the firefighters who are here in town.
- Recycled Cycles offering free bicycle rentals to the evacuees.
- 2nd Chance Thrift Store is just giving away clothes and things. They could use donations.
- Jax Fish House is giving away dinner to evacuees. Just go eat.
What can you do?
Right now, the best answer we have for that is as follows.
- Stay away from the fire area. Gawking impedes containment.
- Donate to the American Red Cross. If that’s what you’ll do, post below.
What will you do?
Comment below, or go to our Facebook page and post. If your business or service is giving something to help evacuees or emergency personnel, put it out there! We get a lot of traffic, so LOTS of people will see it and I might put it on the air on TRI 102.5.