The debate lately about gun control in our state has been a pretty sticky situation lately with strong opinions from both sides of the table. There have been rumors of Colorado Sheriffs possibly being arrested for refusing to enforce new Colorado gun control laws. While it turned out not to be true, it’s a bit scary.
Today David Simas from whitehouse.gov sent this e-mail to their distribution list asking for support to pass President Obama’s proposed executive actions. I have to admit I was a bit disturbed that the e-mail list I was put on when I signed a White House Petition on the Bestburro Baptist Church was being used for this purpose. I’m fine if President Obama’s staff wants to send out an e-mail to his supporters, but I personally think it was a poor choice to utilize a White House resource like this, that I’m sure my tax dollars probably helped to pay for, in order to reach out to people and push a certain agenda. Read the letter below and leave a comment with your thoughts. Here’s what the White House’s website and letter had to say:
More Ways To Get and Use Points
- Win a Pair of Tickets to See Blake Shelton at Cheyenne Frontier Days
- What Would You Do With Your Las Vegas Winnings [SURVEY]
- Do You Agree With Matador’s Decision to Pull Budweiser?
- Newsletter Bonus Code
- Do You Take Painting Classes for the Painting… or the Wine?
- Listen 8-2-5 While You Work! – 5 p.m. Artist