USA Pro Challenge Cycling Race Moves To Northern Colorado – Many Roads Will Be Closed Today
Cyclists will travel 117 miles from Loveland to Estes Park and down to Fort Collins on Stage Six of the USA Pro Challenge. Drivers should expect a large number of roads to be closed today.
- U.S. 36 eastbound and westbound between Rocky Mountain National Park Entrance Road and State Highway (SH) 7 – closed 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- U.S. 287 southbound between East 6th Street and East 1st Street in Loveland – closed 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- SH 7 northbound and southbound between Kiowa Trail and U.S. 36 – closed 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Interstate 25 at SH 392 Interchange (Exit 262) – closed 11 a.m. to noon
- I-25 at Crossroads Boulevard (Exit 259) – closed 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- I-25 at U.S. 34 (Exit 257) – closed 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- SH 392 eastbound and westbound between I-25 and 2nd Street – closed 11:30 a.m. to noon.
-Alternate interchanges for closures above: Harmony Road (Exit 265) and SH 402 (Exit 255).
- U.S. 287 northbound and southbound between East Mulberry Street and LaPorte Avenue in Fort Collins – closed 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- U.S. 34 at Centerra Parkway in Loveland – closed noon to 12:30 p.m.
- U.S. 34 eastbound and westbound between County Road 29 (entrance to Big Thompson Canyon) and Mall Road in Estes Park, and between Elkhorn Avenue and Maraine Avenue in Estes Park – closed noon to 3 p.m.
- U.S. 34 Bypass in Estes Park (Wonderview Avenue) will have rolling closures between MacGregor Avenue and Elkhorn Avenue/U.S. 36/U.S. 34 Business, and Big Thompson Avenue west of Mall Road – noon to 3 p.m.
- Other impacted non-state roadways include North Fairground Avenue, Crossroads Boulevard, and Centerra Parkway in the Loveland area, County Road 43 near Drake, Larimer County Roads 29, 27, 38E, and 42C, and Mulberry Street in Fort Collins.
Tomorrow’s Highway Impacts (Final Stage):
- August 26/Stage 7/Denver Circuit: U.S. 40/287 (Colfax Avenue) between Sherman Street and Speer Boulevard. Impacts begin at 11 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.