Poudre School District Increases Security in Wake of Shooting
The tragedy in Connecticut last week is now officially hitting close to home in the Fort Collins area.
The Poudre School District in Larimer County is tightening security at all campuses, in response to the shooting in Connecticut last Friday. According to The Coloradoan, Dec. 21st doomsday prophesies are also a factor in the new regulations.
• All exterior doors will be locked except for the main entrance.
• Any student not accompanied by a PSD staff member must enter school through the main entrance.
• Main entrances will be physically monitored by school staff during the school day.
• Additional security presence on campuses and at after-hours programs/activities as needed.
• All emergency drills have been canceled.
• Additional mental health support for students will be available as needed.
[via The Coloradoan.]
More details on the new security measures can be found on the PSD Web site.
What do you think of the tighter security policies? Is it enough? Leave your comments below.