No More Casual Fridays Here
Apparently there's a backlash against the jeans and t-shirts or just plain casual clothing being worn on the job.
Some corporations are instituting strict dress codes. One in particular, Swiss Bank USB. Here's a look at just some of their suggestions:
USB dress code for women
* "Light makeup consisting of a foundation, mascara and discreet lipstick will enhance your personality."
* "Women should not wear shoes that are too tight-fitting as there is nothing worse than a strained smile."
* "A flawless appearance can bring inner peace and a sense of security."
* "The ideal time to apply perfume is directly after you take a hot shower, when your pores are still open."
UBS dress code rules for men:
* "Three days of stubble is not permitted and a visit to the barber is recommended once every four weeks."
* "Wear only ties that match the bone structure of the face and do not wear socks with cartoon motifs."
* "If you wear a watch, it suggests reliability and that punctuality is a great concern to you."
* "Underwear is among the most intimate parts of our clothing...your underwear must not be visible through your clothes, or stand out...your figure should not suffer from the way you wear your underwear."
Hmmmm...Seems a little too personal to me. If you'd like to comment, scroll all the way down and let loose!