More Information Released About Cause of Galena Fire [VIDEO]
It was reported a couple weeks ago that the over-1300-acre Galena Fire, West of Fort Collins, was caused by an accidental spark from an electric fence. Turns out, there's a little more to the story...
Looks like the fence was homemade by a retired nuclear physicist, according to the Coloradoan.
The spark that started the 1,348-acre Galena Fire in March leapt from an 18-inch PVC pipe with two wires coming out. The device was one of many do-it-yourself projects keeping George Rinker occupied in retirement. Some had led to unintended results or scared neighbors, but nothing compared to this mistake.
[via The Coloradoan.]
Watch this video from 9-News for the whole story. Based on his history, I feel like one of this guy's "projects" was bound to get out of hand eventually. Let me know what you think in the comments section below.