Metrolux 14 Theater in Loveland Evacuated Due to Gas Leak
The movie-going experience was interrupted for hundreds of people at Centerra on Friday, after the Metrolux 14 movie theater at the Promenade Shops was evacuated due to reports of a gas leak.
Every staff member and hundreds of moviegoers were evacuated just before 9pm Friday Night, according to the Reporter-Herald. Several people reported the smell and sound of natural gas coming from inside the theater building.
Loveland firefighters cut the utilities and began an investigation to verify that there were no explosive gas levels in the building. Xcel Energy responded to the scene and determined the source of the leak as a heating ventilation and air conditioning unit in need of repair on the building, according to (Battalion Chief Michael) Cerovski.
[via Loveland Reporter-Herald.]
The building was cleared and re-opened by 9:45pm Friday night. No injuries were reported.
I'm glad I decided to wait until next weekend to see The Hobbit!
Were you at the theater when this happened? Share your story in the comments section below!