Loveland’s Fourth of July Festival to Take Place at North Lake Park
Loveland’s annual July 4th celebration has been a Loveland tradition since the 1970’s. This festival attracts crowds well over 20,000 at dusk when the fireworks begin, and it’s going on as planned.
So what’s planned for Loveland’s Annual July 4th Festival?
- Festivities include food and game booths sponsored by nonprofit community organizations, entertainment sponsored by the City of Loveland, and the area’s largest and longest fireworks show sponsored by the Loveland Fire Rescue Authority and the City of Loveland.
- A flag raising ceremony is set for 10 a.m. by the Lone Tree School House. Boy Scout troop 186 and American Legion will have the honor of raising the American Flag for this year’s celebration.
- Keith and Marilyn Smith, owners of the 1919 Dodge from the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” will be at the celebration. The car will be available for those who want their photos taken with it for a small fee. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit American Military Family Inc.
- Loveland Concert Band will provide entertainment at the Lynn and Norma Hammond Amphitheater stage starting at 8 p.m. This 80+ member band will play many of Loveland’s patriotic favorites culminating in “Stars and Stripes Forever” at the beginning of the fireworks show set for 9:17 p.m.
- Fireworks launch location will impact areas of the park. The basketball courts and playground on the south side of the park will be closed July 3rd and 4th. The swim beach and swim beach parking lot will be closed all day July 3rd & 4th and will remain closed through 10 a.m. July 5th. Areas off-limits to spectators will be fenced and posted and security personnel will patrol those areas.
Directions to Lovelands 4th of July Festival
The July 4th Festival is held annually at North Lake Park in Loveland. Approximately 50 acres in size, North Lake offers a wide variety of amenities including picnic areas, a miniature train, athletic fields, outdoor basketball and racquetball courts, playgrounds, a swimming beach, and plenty of green open space. Located at the corner of Taft Avenue and 29th streets in Northwest Loveland, North Lake Park also offers one the area’s finest outdoor entertainment venues at the Lynn and Norma Hammond Amphitheater.