How Do I Cook A Turkey? Thanksgiving Help Hotlines
With Thanksgiving on the way and Christmas around the corner lots of people will be dusting off their old holiday recipes. If you need some help in the kitchen, or want to find a something new and exciting to have for your holiday meal companies are lining up to give you a hand.
Butterball, Nestle, Foster Farms, Crisco, and more have set up free customer help lines for holiday cooking. Most have 800 numbers, websites, Facebook pages, or email addresses for you to submit your cooking questions or browse ideas for new recipes.
Turkey, pies, baking, desserts, vegetables, side dishes and more. You name it, you can find help and find a recipe for it. Here are a few places you can find kitchen advice:
- Butterball Turkey Talk-Line: 1-800-BUTTERBALL, www.butterball.com/tips-how-tos/turkey-experts/overview or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crisco Pie Hotline: 877-367-7438
- Empire Kosher poultry customer hotline: 717-436-7055 or www.empirekosher.com
- Fleischmann’s Yeast Baker’s Help Line: 800-777-4959 or www.breadworld.com
- Foster Farms Turkey Helpline: 800-255-7227 or www.fosterfarms.com/cooking
- King Arthur Flour Co.’s Bakers Hotline: 802-649-3717 or email questions to email@example.com
- Nestle Toll House Baking Information: www.verybestbaking.com/Resources.aspx
- Ocean Spray consumer help line: 800-662-3263 or www.oceanspray.com
- Perdue consumer help line: 800-473-7383 or www.perdue.com/tips_from_the_kitchen
- Reynolds Turkey Tips Hotline: 800-745-4000 or www.turkeysuccess.com
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Meat and Poultry Hotline: 888-674-6854 or www.fsis.usda.gov/Food_Safety_Education
Oven-roasted, deep fried, grilled, smoked, rotisserie, crock potted…you have a plethora of cooking options and different ways to do each one of those. Get a few basic ideas about these options here.
Good luck, and happy eating!
Photo by jdolenga, Flickr