Forbes Magazine 5 Richest People in Colorado [VIDEO]
Forbes 400 Richest Americans list is out and the same names from Colorado are on the list from last year, including Fort Collins resident Pat Stryker. Oh, the good Brian and I could do with this kind of money with our 28 Hours of Hope.
Thanks to the Denver Post, here is Colorado's top 5:
- Charlie Ergen, CEO of Dish Network, remains Colorado’s richest resident with a net worth that Forbes estimates at $14.7 billion.
- Philip Anschutz is worth $10.8 billion, which ranks 39th nationally and second in Colorado.
- Cable magnate John Malone ranked third in Colorado and 61st nationally with a net worth of $7.2 billion.
- Cheesmaker James Leprino ranks 232nd on the list with a net worth of $2.9 billion.
- Fort Collins resident Pat Stryker ranks fifth of the Colorado group with a net worth of $2.6 billion. She is famous for creating the Bohemian Foundation.
Microsoft founder Bill Gates is still the richest man in America with a net worth of 81 billion dollars.
In 2000, Anschutz won the Horatio Alger Association Award. They made a really cool YouTube video about his life.