CSU Raises $500 Million, Hits Campaign Goal Six Months Early
Colorado State University reached it's ambitious goal of raising $500 million 6-months early. The Campaign for Colorado State achievement will be celebrated Saturday night. Decreases in higher education have forced CSU to rely on donor support to invest in students and faculty.
"The Campaign for Colorado State has transformed our university, and its impact will continue to be felt for years to come," said CSU President Tony Frank. "This is just the beginning. Not only do we have six months left in which to take the campaign to an unprecedented level, but we have to think about what's next. Private giving is more important now than ever, given the financial realities of our state and the challenges many of our students face in paying for their education in a tight economy. When a student graduates from CSU, we all benefit. We must continue to invest in opening doors and creating opportunities."
[ via noco5.com ]
Highlights of CSU's first-ever comprehensive campaign include:
• $508.3 million raised to date
• 89,757 donors
• Donors from 50 states and 50 countries
• 15,372 scholarships awarded
• $59 million raised for new scholarships
• 16 new chairs and professorships
• 39 facilities built or renovated
• 66 donations of $1 million or more
• 32,323 CSU alumni donations ($81.4 million)
• 430 new planned gifts