Best Bicycle Rides in Fort Collins – Spring Creek and Poudre Trail Loop [MAP]
Poudre and Spring Creek Trails are two major paved trails that are accessible to pretty much anything that doesn’t have an engine.
This is a quick 20 mile loop that is just phenomenal. It really showcases the multitude of ecosystems that we enjoy as a city that sits both on the plains and at the base of a major mountain range.
The river valleys, wetlands, open grassy fields, and views of the Rocky Mountains all help make it very evident why people in Northern Colorado love their home so much. It’s beautiful.
Route Length – about 20 miles
- Edora Park on Spring Creek Trail
- The Poudre River as it flows through Old Town
- Nearby Old Town offers shopping and dining
- The Fort Collins Museum of Discovery is right along Poudre Trail at College Avenue
- The windy bridge near Laporte is a great place for photos!
View Spring Creek/Poudre Trail Bicycle Loop in a larger map